Hiten Shah has founded/co-founded a number of companies, including KISSmetrics, Crazy Egg and FYI. He's relied heavily on content to drive customer acquisition for each, but also has developed a name for himself as someone who isn't afraid to publish strong and sometimes controversial opinions.
In this episode, we talk about how Hiten uses Twitter to clarify his own ideas, why it's a good idea to publish strong opinions and how he helped grow the KISSmetrics blog for free. You can follow Hiten on Twitter at @hnshah.
Here are a few things we mention in this podcast:
- Hiten's ebook (direct link to the PDF): The Content Marketing Playbook
- Hiten's podcast: The Startup Chat
- Hiten's most recent company: FYI
- Why Trello Failed to Build a $1 Billion+ Business
- Ahead of Its Time, Behind the Curve: Why Evernote Failed to Realize Its Potential
- My Billion Dollar Mistake